Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I have the: A)"Bottle flu" B) Aqua flu C) Comida flu D) Some strange south american disease

So I am posting this minutes before we are supposed to be heading out on our next field excursion I will give you a quick synopsis of how the past week went!

6*/03/2011
Friday night we went out to this bar called "Casa Tinku" a concert house/bar. It was quite fun the band was good the drinks cheap and the Canelosa warm!
6*/04/2011
The Canelosa takes it's toll. I am out all day feeling "chuchaki" (hungover) it was this very potent alcoholic beverage that is bright yellow and hot. Not exactly sure but what was in it but this day I spend doing nothing but in the bathroom or on the couch curled up! We all called it an early night from being too hungover from the night before, it was quite pathetic we went to this little more mellow place and tried to just have drinks (everyone else did, I had a sprite) and it took us like an hour to finish our drinks. Needless to say we called it a night and said our goodbyes to each other.
*6/05/2011
We went to this farmers market, it really reminded me of 8th St. Market in downtown Boise and my Mom and Aunt Carmen. It was filled with fresh fruits and vegetables, candies and sweets, breads, cloths, flowers, herbs/spices, it was incredible how packed it was. We bought some vegetables for fajitas and returned back to one of the houses to watch some TV and relax on our day off to regain our energy! We had fajitas for dinner and called it another early night!
*6/06/2011
Woke up not feeling too good, just laid around in bed all morning reading "The DaVinci Code" that I bought on iBooks. Tried to to go lunch at the pizza place just down the street from my place I ordered a personal cheese pizza and ate 1 slice of it and was done. I felt so sick again my stomach felt so bad like someone was squeezing it so tightly! I returned to my house and slept for a couple hours instead of going into work. I awoke at about 7pm and felt a little sweaty and cold, a little hungry too. I decided to try some emergency food my Aunt Carmen gave me, it was trail mix with nuts, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, raisins, m&m's, etc....it was delicious. I talked for a while to Jordan on Skype which was nice and felt a little more at home! (THANKS TO CARMEN FOR THE AWESOME SAVIOR FOOD)
*6/07/2011
Went to the office, talked about going to tutupali this week went to lunch did okay had a ham and cheese sandwich. Then we went to dinner that night with some of the professors and our professor from UI since he's leaving on friday. We sat down at this really really really nice restaurant called La Casa Lojana ordered our 3 course meal of tomato soup, pork chops, and chocolate cake, with cup of wine. I had my tomato soup and that was all I could get down with a little water. I felt so drained and sick again. I went home and visited the bathroom for a little bit and felt a little better about an hour later. So I had some more of that amazing trail mix!
6*/08/2011
Headed to the field. Chau!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeremy I hope you feel better. P.S. You are still stuck in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I fixed that haha! Glad someone is reading my blog, it's nice to know! Hope all is well with you and your family! Sad I'm not going to be there to see you in July!

    ReplyDelete