Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Engrish

5/25/2011
So today has been a very productive day, the social sciences crew had our first official meeting today to get on the same page and then we skyped with Chad back in Idaho and got my survey almost completely figured out now I just have to organize it and translate it into spanish! Also I feel like the longer I stay here the worse my "pause" gets when I ask questions for those you who know what I'm talking about! It's horrible, as well my english are getting bad too. I have to re-read things when i type them a couple times in english to make sure it sounds right! It's pretty bad and I've only been here a week and still have 8 more left haha! I'm excited to re-read everything when I get back and see how it progressively gets worse! Thank goodness I don't have anymore english classes left to take in college either!

Now I'm going to take some time to reflect on the past week since I feel like I've missed a lot of little things...
1. First off it's really beautiful here forest and mountains surround us...Loja is in a high mountain valley with 2 rivers.
2. Apparently your not supposed to flush toilet paper either because it can clog the pipes in most places, I believe this but am worried about what I have to do with the left overs after....ummm...well you know AFTER! haha
3. Drivers here crazier than a monkey on caffeine pills!
4. They do actually have like pizza places and the 2 we've eaten at are dericious!! They also have a chinese restaurant, but I don't really want to eat there because for some reason there's always dogs hanging around that place and i'm worried they might use them in the meat haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment