Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This One Crazy Bum!!!

5/23/2011!
Today has been a day filled with adventures of Loja. We found our way to the bus stop today and just about didn't get on in time because the buses only stop for a short amount of time even though we were 30 minutes early! Then the day was kind of boring really productive got some preliminary stuff done for my research and was free the rest of the day. We went out to lunch and I had some San Jacobo (pronounced: San ah-coo-boo or something like that) and we went to go get one of the girls a phone so she could call someone if she needed help. And I was the one that had to talk to the people at the shop to get her phone it was quite interesting to say the least since my spanish isn't the best! We then proceeded to find another video store that had even better movies and continued to wander the streets of Loja. While walking between stores we passed a homeless man laying on the ground twitching profusely. It was very er...unusual? and I didn't know whether to stop and help him or if it was an act in hopes of gaining attention and getting money, either way the man sat up straight and was talking normally (if talking to yourself is normal)  when we got to him. Also I bought these awesome pair of wooden shoes...well they're not actually wooden but they look like it. I bought them because guys here dress up fairly nicely every day so I figured for when we're hanging around the University it would be a good idea to have them! I definitely posted a picture of them on photobucket so check them out.

Once again we tried to go to the 4th Pirates tonight and were unable too because it was sold out...oh and found out that movies are in spanish here with no subtitles. We were told they were in english and had spanish subtitles but I guess that's untrue, bummer guess that makes more sense anyways....Also talked to Anthony and he told us that the guy we saw on the street was probably high on something, didn't really think drugs were prevalent down here, but I guess it's a reality check that we are just south of Columbia. But havent been approached about them like what happened in Mexico when I went back in high school.

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I forgot so say our professor finally made it down here today! Also I ate GUINEA PIG this night for dinner!! And I have to say it wasn't that bad, it's actually pretty good when they spice it right! It's a delicacy here too!

    ReplyDelete